Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Steel Beast Handler

Steel Beast Handler

Now For a much overdue post. My new job is the culprit for my recent tardiness. But it was also the inspiration for this little poem. Please comment below and tell me what you think and how you think it could be improved. I am always glad to see comments.

It roars to life, my Steel Beast.
Oil dripping from it's jaws.
Settles to a growl and roars again.
Hungry and eager to begin.

It's hot breath is on my hand.
I grip it tight, ready to stop
the Beast, to reign it in.

I lead it to the feast, and the Beast,
roaring in anticipation, bites deep.
It bites with metal teeth and spits,
 spraying me with chips and dust.

Devouring everything it can reach,
the Beast fills the air with howls.
Leaping up, it tries to bite me,
the filed teeth snapping at my face.

Now the Beast thirsts and I slake it, 
pouring a cocktail into it's roaring maw.
I file it's teeth as it sleeps, panting,
hot and always hungry.

Again I awake the tireless creature
and we walk through the forest,
A handler and the Steel Beast called
Chainsaw.




6 comments:

  1. Not bad, a careful examination might reveal parts that could be polished and revised perhaps. It doesn't rhyme perfectly here and there, but as far as my limited knowledge of poems go, they I don't think they necessarily have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the delayed reply. Thank you for reviewing my poem.
      I am glad you think it is good.

      Delete
  2. I saw from your comment on my brother's blog that you wrote a poem. I asked him what it was about, and I admit I was skeptical when he said it was about your chainsaw, but I actually really liked this! :) I love the imagery you used and how you portrayed the chainsaw like a living creature. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Isaac - thanks for dropping by to my poetry - so Ihad to search out yours - fun - and I couldn't help but think it would be brilliant set to heavy metal music! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by AJ! I am glad you liked my poetry. Interesting thought about setting it to music. Have a great day!

      Delete