Sunday, February 28, 2016

Metal Spring

Hi readers.

I am back and can begin replying to comments more often. My trip was quite inspiring and someone asked me to come up with a twist on the generic poems about spring. So here it is. Wrote it in the sunset while I was supposed to be studying. Please comment and tell me what you think of it.






Metal Spring

My ice cocoon cracks.
Oh! My hydraulics!
Spring.

Sensors click on,
and pick up sound,
trickling.

Memory banks crammed with data,
remember civilizations,
burning.

I rise from the puddle,
gears on green turf,
churning.

Programmed for war,
I watch peace,
returning.

Missiles hang useless,
I am a robot,
healing.

Not valid targets,
dappled deer,
spring.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm... so I take it it's a war robot waking up after some sort of apocalyptic event? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. Thanks for commenting Andrew

      Delete
    2. Your welcome, it's neat how something so short can paint a vivid mental picture. I like how you describe the missiles and the deer.

      Delete
  2. I think it's good. Like Andrew said, it's short but still illustrates and conveys its point quite well. You should write some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Abigail. I will be sure to post more poetry when the inspiration next hits me.

      Delete